Throughout July 2017 we will collect school supplies to be delivered to San Jose Supportive Housing. Families come into the Supportive Housing for 3 months during which time they are actively working toward becoming self-sufficient. The children are given school supplies, a book, and a toy or an activity which they may use in their rooms. As the families are there only 3 months, families are always moving in and out, and the need for school supplies continues throughout the year.
These are the items most needed right now (*indicates urgent need):
- *Small whiteboards
- *Dry-erase markers and erasers
- *Construction paper
- Post-its/sticky notes
- Folders or 1” binders
- Scissors for kids and adults
- Plain white paper and spiral notebooks
- Glue (bottled)
- Scotch tape
- The teacher in the Homework Enrichment Program has requested for a 3-hole puncher and electric sharpener to replace our old ones.
- Also, instead of backpacks (we still have a lot from last year), we are asking for re-usable lunch bags for the kids. The charity will use them for the brown bag lunch they provide each school day.
- Gently used or brand new books ; especially children’s books, primarily from birth to 13.
Please drop donations off in the Cart of Good Giving in the Narthex or just in front of the sanctuary.
To learn more about the missions supported by FPCMV, click here.